Here is a simple compilation of 10 tips to really ease your running training. Use them! They are little running gifts! Running should be enjoyable if you want your cellular body to look forward to the next training run… If your body feels hurt by running, you won’t want to do it again.
1) There is an important difference between pushing yourself and hurting yourself. Know the difference!
2) Drink a lot of water one hour before the run.
3) Do not eat at least 2 hours before the run.
4) Do your stretching!!! Stretching is very important. (We will talk about why it is so important in a future article)
5) Run hills. Hills will build your body stronger, and then flat trails will feel easier.
6) Sometimes run for a longer time so that the regular run time becomes easier after that.
7) Breath deep from within your belly. You can also try breathing in twice and then out twice. Your muscles need oxygen to perform well.
8) Be conscious of your form while running. Your arm swing is supposed to help you. Straighten your body; make sure your body is flowing smoothly. Don’t waste energy in an incoherent form.
9) Run more on the plant of your feet than on the heel. Do not land on your heel first.
10) Keep thinking positively. Listen to what the voice in your head is saying… It really does influence your performance!
Most of all ENJOY the ride. Our sport is such a fantastic and uplifting sport! Feel great about it and feel good about doing it.
DID YOU RUN TODAY? HOW MUCH TIME? 30 MINUTES, 45 MINUTES, 1 HOUR OR MORE?